"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."
















Thursday, March 1, 2012

RUN:FREE

This summer (last week of June, through the first week of July), I will be running across the state of Minnesota. Call me crazy, because really, it is. I will be starting in Watertown, SD, and running eastward, ending near Prescott, WI, totaling over 200 miles, in two weeks. Why? Why am I doing this? I am doing this because all over the world (including the U.S.--we are NOT exempt), women and children are illegally being bought and sold into sex slavery, everyday. The largest number of women sent to Las Vegas, and forced into sex slavery in the United States, come from my backyard, Minneapolis. There are more human slaves today, than when slavery was legal. Rather than running miles and miles because I love running, I have the opportunity to run for the joy of helping those affected by human trafficking. There is an organization in China call Eden Ministries, which provides support to women who have been rescued and delivered from human trafficking. They provide resources and an opportunity for a new life. They teach women a trade, such as weaving, jewelry making, etc, so they may become self-sustaining women, and not have to return to their former life. I can run. And I want to make a difference.

I am running through an organization called Venture Expeditions, which is a non-profit organization that provides an opportunity to raise awareness and funds that benefit social justice causes, and make a difference in the world. You can see the kind of miles I'll be running through this link: http://www.ventureexpeditions.org/page/runfree-1
If you would like to join me on this run, I would LOVE it!!!

If you are interested in supporting me in this journey, here's how you can help. First, you can be praying. Pray for the people who are affected by human trafficking. Pray for the offenders who are running the sex trafficking business. Pray for me, that I would remain healthy, strong, and smart as I embark on this journey. Second, you can donate money! 100% of the donations will be going to Eden Ministries to help these women. You can donate here: https://ventureexpeditions.missionsconnex.com/BreeWilliamson

Third, you can spread the word. The more we can make people aware, the greater chance we have at putting an end to human trafficking. And fourth, if you'd like to buy me a pair of running shoes, hey, I wouldn't turn them down, as I'm going through a pair every two months! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment