"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."
















Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sometimes it's in ya. Sometimes ya gotta decide to get it....

Today was one of those days where I got up with plenty of time to get my run done before church. I got up at 6:00AM, and didn't have to be at church until 10AM. I woke up so hungry this morning, wanting to eat everything in sight. Most likely from my 13 miler yesterday. And I just couldn't get myself out the door. I thought of every excuse in the book to keep myself from going for a run....which is odd for me.

So I promised myself that I would go to Lifetime after church, and run, since I knew it would be hot, humid, and windy. And so I did.

I'm going to be awesome. My treadmill run, which I typically despise, was quite pleasant. I ran at a comfortable pace between 7.8-8.5, increasing and decreasing by .1 every minute. Getting to an 8.5 pace is about a 7:04 pace, and surprisingly it felt good for me! I felt very accomplished on that 5 mile treadmill run. I could have run longer, but I wanted to get my lift done as well. The best part was....my husband was doing his run on the treadmill next to me, and he looked strong too!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get up and go for a run. All this to say, sometimes it's in you, and sometimes you gotta decide to get it in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment