"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."
















Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Preparing for the Process.....

It's the week leading up to the Minneapolis Half Marathon (Sunday, June 6th at 7:00AM). http://teamortho.us/2009113029/Minneapolis-Marathon-Course-Map.html I've logged the miles. I've done some speed work and hill work. I have been injury free, minus the dumbell falling on the top of the foot, which left nothing more than a large bruise (praise God). I ran this half marathon last year with my good friend Suzie Finger and Keith Erickson. Last year was a baaaad race for me. Last season I had torn my meniscus and strained my ACL. When it came time for the race, my injuries were healed, but my cardiovascular endurance was virtually non-existent.

I am nearing the time for the race again. I have no excuses. My time last year was 1:47:49. The anxiety of hoping to beat last year's time, and questioning if I will beat that time is plaguing my mind. There are no stoplights to take a breather at during a race, the time doesn't stop for me to get a drink of water.

I have the hunger and the desire to have an amazing race. This week is all about getting enough zzzzz's, getting enough nutrients, chugging water, and visualizing an awesome race. I am preparing mentally to PR on this half marathon. I am determined.

"To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality." ~Anita Roddick

I have passion.....and I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment