"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."
















Thursday, May 27, 2010

Still Learning the Ropes

So I'm still trying to figure out how to work this blog....it's a work in progress I guess. I am very proud of my training this week. Monday I ran 6 miles, quick.

Tuesday I did a speed/hill workout for 55 minutes. It consisted of 3 parts: A 5 minute warmup, a 15 minute challenge run that was cycled through three times, and a 5 minute cool down. The challenge piece consisted of 3 rounds. ROUND 1: 4 minutes of speed, 1 minute of recovery, 4 minutes of speed, 2 minutes of recovery, 2 minutes of speed, 2 minutes recovery. ROUND 2: 4 minutes of hills, 1 minute recovery, 4 minutes of hills, 2 minutes recovery, 2 minutes of larger hills, 2 minutes recovery. ROUND 3: 4 minutes of speed, 1 minute recovery, 4 minutes of hills, 2 minutes recovery, 2 minutes of speed, 2 minutes recovery. Then into the cool down. It was a tough workout, challenging the heartrate zones.

Wednesday I ran a 5 mile run; which was tough, because there was less than 12 hrs of rest time from the tough workout the night before.

Thursday evening I did the same workout as Tuesday night......we'll see about a run tomorrow morning ;)

I have one last long run, hopefully to be accomplished on Saturday. The Minneapolis Half Marathon is June 6th, and I'm very ready to get that done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment