"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."
















Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Too Much Fun Experimenting

The great thing about this Engine 2 Challenge is that I am trying things I never would have imagined cooking/eating.  I spend my lunch break browsing the internet searching for new recipes to try.  I've found some great ones!  Here are some pictures of recent recipes:

 This is the green lentil soup with turnips, carrots, celery, and diced tomatoes.  We enjoyed this soup with Aileen, while laughing over episodes of The Big Bang Theory

Dehydrated plantains with sea salt.  I bought plantains from Trader Joe's a while back, and wanted to see if I could make my own--turns out, I can!  And they're so good when I need a crunch!


Stuffed acorn squash with quinoa and black beans.  This was dinner tonight, and it was awesome!  This was my first experience with acorn squash.  To be honest, I can't really taste the difference between acorn squash and butternut squash-I like them both!

In the oven, honey roasted "nuts" aka chickpeas.  Stay tuned!

PS-with all this talk about food, I haven't mentioned training much.  I'm still running 63-70 miles a week, promise :)


No comments:

Post a Comment