"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."
















Monday, July 19, 2010

Racking Up the Mileage

It looks like I won't be doing another race in the near future, due to the fact that all my long runs on the weekends will now be over 13 miles!

This past weekend I had my last low mileage "long run" of 10 miles. Next weekend I do a 15 miler, and then it fluctuates between 12-20 miles over the next couple months. I am very pleased with how this season is panning out (minus the Red White and Boom Half Marathon). I have my eye on the prize, and the prize is a BQ (Boston Qualifier). So far, everything is lining up to run a great race at the Chicago Marathon! I am injury-free and feeling strong! I'm running 6 days a week, and gaining speed again.

Saturday morning I got up at 5:30AM to hammer my 10 miler, but was unpleasantly greeted with 90% humidity. So I decided on a 5 miler, and promised myself to do the 10 miler on Sunday morning, hoping Saturday night's storm would squash the humidity. Unfortunately, Sunday morning at 5:30AM, the humidity was up to 93%. However, I pounded it out, and it felt good! This morning (Monday), I ran an 8 miler at a 7:34 average pace. I felt extremely good about being able to run an 8 miler at that pace, after doing a 10 miler the day before!

Things are shaping up very nicely for me! I have conserved energy, run smart, and stayed focused! Ready for Chicago on 10/10/10!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment