"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."
















Monday, August 30, 2010

Run, Skip, and a Hop

This weekend's run was far better than the weekend prior. Only having to do 13 miles, was much more of a mental relief than anything else. It was warm and sticky, but definitely manageable.

After the 13 miler, I thought I'd tackle some plyometrics (aka lots of jumping). I have been making my XC runners do a lot of plyos this season, so I figured I should be doing them as well. I gave my body about 2 hours to recover from my 13 mile run and then jumped (literally) into an hour Plyometrics X (P90X) routine. It was jumping, squating, squating and jumping, twisting, and more jumping. Did I say there was a lot of jumping required? It was a toughy, but felt so great when I finished.

It is now Monday afternoon, and I am STILL SORE from the Plyometrics. But I understand the benefits of jumping in regards to running, and building strength and power. I am going to try and do the plyometrics routine once a week. And I plan on doing the entire P90X routine after my marathon.

10/10/10-->On my mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment